Randy shares what motivated him to create a podcast.
Everyone has a podcast, right? Why did I create one?
- If every person on the internet started a podcast, that just gives us a bigger chance that we’ll find something we’ll like to listen.
- Now it is estimated that there are over 750,000 podcasts, equating to over 30 Million episodes, as of June 2019. This is according to Podcast Insights.com. https://www.podcastinsights.com/podcast-statistics/
- Podcast Insights broke these numbers down a little more to show that 50% of all homes are podcasts fans.
- Why did I jump into podcasting?
- The whole reason I got into computing in the first place was because I’m a lifelong musician.
- I haven’t made a dollar off of this. I have a real, day job. Could this become a real, full-time, job? I don’t care, I’ll do it for free, forever – it’s fun and I’m probably helping someone.
- There are many, many groups on Facebook, Reddit, etc, where people are donating their time and skills to answers the questions of other aspiring podcasters.
- This Facebook Group is called “Podcasters’ Support Group“, with a key contributor being Helen Austwick Zaltzman
Follow our Podcast
- If you’re a new listener to the Manly Hanley Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Visit our website and leave a comment. While you’re there, be sure to subscribe to the newsletter!
- Follow Randrums on twitter
- Like the Manley Hanley Podcast Facebook page.