Most of us have smartphones – it has sort of become everyone’s personal tool. Today I want to just go over a few things that you could look at before jumping into buying a cell phone plan – things to maybe be aware of that not everyone thinks of.
Prepaid vs Postpaid
- You receive a bill at the end of the month to show you what you’ve used.
- Will typically have you pay for the service right up front.
- Very important to note: Many prepaid carriers are MVNO’s (Mobile Virtual Network Operators). Fancy for, they are just a name on top of someone else’s network.
Something both Prepaid and Postpaid have in common:
- They offer “BYOD”. This is Bring your Own Device. To me, I see BYOD as a great way to avoid too much involvement with your carrier. I don’t like to finance things through my carrier if I don’t have to.
I’d like to our audience and our guest, Vic the cat, for putting time aside to listen to the podcast.
Follow our Podcast
- If you’re a new listener to the Manly Hanley Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Visit our website and leave a comment. While you’re there, be sure to subscribe to the newsletter!
- Follow Randrums on twitter
- Like the Manley Hanley Podcast Facebook page.