Episode 10 of the Manly Hanley Podcast is now live! I’ve attached the show notes below. Thanks for listening!
How preventable are Phishing attacks? I’ll talk about how easy it is to prevent these things from happening, which can really help to avoid unnecessary embarrassment, as well as damage to your company or brand.
- PreSonus mixer is back in the studio!
- Christa had her tonsils removed and is recovering nicely. We miss her!
What is Phishing and how do you prevent it?
- Phishing is a fraudulent attempt to grab sensitive information from another source, by pretending to be a legit source.
- 2019 Study from Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston found that hospital employees are extremely vulnerable. Link to the study: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2727270
- Takeaways: Enable some simple 2-factor authentication, make sure you’ve setup your security questions. Google even has a security checkup. If you have a Google account, I recommend you check it out now: https://myaccount.google.com/security-checkup
What do you do if you’ve already fallen for a Phishing attack?
- Act quickly, aggressively and smart.
- Change your password immediately. For all off your accounts!
- Make a phone call to an actual family member and a friend, and just check up to see how things are looking from their perspective, visiting your profile pages, and checking emails from you, etc.
When someone in your company falls for a phishing attack, it can be a huge embarrassment. Your company’s name is attached to that person that fell for something that is obviously, entirely avoidable. This can make a company look irresponsible.
Have Some Mock Phishing Attacks
- There are some awesome services out there that can help to engineer mock phishing attacks in your organization.
Follow our Podcast
- If you’re a new listener to the Manly Hanley Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Visit our website and leave a comment. While you’re there, be sure to subscribe to the newsletter! – https://randyhanley.com/
- Follow Randrums on twitter – https://twitter.com/randrums
- Like the Manley Hanley Podcast Facebook page. – https://www.facebook.com/manlyhanleypodcast